In addition to attendance of normal formation sessions,
- Ruah Tracks + Confirmation Sundays - for teens registered at a public/private non-Catholic school
- Confirmation Sundays - for teens registered at a Catholic school
Teens are also required to:
1) Attend one of the following weekend retreats:
o Friday November 4th 5:30 pm-Sunday November 6th 2:00 pm
o Friday February 17th 5:30 pm-Sunday February 19th 2:00 pm
2) Complete two Service Projects - more info will be given throughout the year
The service project requirement for Confirmation must serve someone in need or suffering in some way using the Works of Mercy that Jesus speaks of in Matthew 25:31-46.
St. Michael Youth Ministry offers multiple service projects throughout the year that would fit this requirement.
Any projects done apart from St. Michael Youth Ministry must be approved by the Director of Youth Faith Formation before they may count for the Confirmation requirement.
3) Choose a sponsor who is a Confirmed and actively practicing Catholic - more info will be given on the 12/4 Confirmation Sunday
4) Choose a Confirmation name (aka a Saint name) - more info will be given on the 12/4 Confirmation Sunday
5) Attend the Confirmation rehearsal in November of 2017 (Date and time TBA)
6) Attend the Confirmation mass on November 26, 2017 at 6:00 PM
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to call 713-403-4122.